Thursday 5 June 2014

SUMMER CRAB LINGUINI

"Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing" - Joss Whedon
 

Between crazy work hours and my oddball obligations I've been feeling pretty low. Weeks like this always make me wonder about what it would be like to have a fun job. I've come up with a list of potential jobs:

1. Crafts teacher - except that I don't really like kids all that much;
2. Running an Art Gallery - except I don't know much about art;
3. Party Planner - except that I'm a moody, anti-social witch on most days;
4. Interior Decorator - except that I don't really have any sense of proportion;
5. Professional Shopper - except that I hate malls.

Since I can't think of any viable alternate career paths yet I think I'm just going to curl up with this delicate, gently peppery crab sauce - pair it with whole wheat linguini and bask in your own virtue.


Serves 2
Recipe Adapted from Nigella Lawson's Forever Summer

What you'll need:

1/2 pack of whole wheat spaghetti (about 250 g)
1 can tinned crab meat (about 200g)
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt
Pepper (ideally freshly ground)
Dashes of Tobasco
Parsley to garnish

Note: You can add onions, spring onions, garlic or any other flavors you'd like.

How to:

1. Cook the spaghetti in hot salted water till al dente. Set aside.

2. Gently sauté the crab meat in olive oil, season with salt and pepper.

Note: If you're using onion and/or garlic then sauté that first, wait till it's golden and then add the crab meat. Spring onions can be added with the crab meat.

3. Toss the pasta with some olive oil to detangle the strands of spaghetti. Spoon the crab mixture on top, add as much Tobasco as you can handle (or skip this step).

4. Garnish with Parsley and serve hot. 

No comments: