Sunday 16 March 2014

PINK CHIFFON

“Death: "THERE ARE BETTER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN ALCOHOL, ALBERT."
Albert: "Oh, yes, sir. But alcohol sort of compensates for not getting them.”
― Terry Pratchett
 
 
I am so tired of restaurants and bars serving up offensively syrupy, chemically fuchsia drinks as appropriate for female customers. If one more bartender tries to coax me into ordering some impossibly sweet concoction I will wallop them.
 
I'm tossing the gaudy pink theme bartenders use for "girly" drinks because I hate that color and frankyly, I don't why women got saddled with it. Here's a drink that human beings should be drinking. Lovely peach, iced guava juice with the tang of black salt and some effervescence to lighten the whole thing up with a dash of vodka or white rum.  
 
 
Makes 1 drink
Recipe made out of ingredients found in the fridge

What you'll need:

30 ml vodka/white rum (optional)
3/4 cup guava juice
1/4 cup Sprite
Sprinkle of Black Salt
Ice

How to:

Combine all ingredients and pour into glass. Sprinkle some more black salt on top. Serve chilled.

Note: Alternatively you can rim the glass with Black Salt if you're feeling fancy.

No comments: