Thursday 6 March 2014

TROPICAL FLAIR

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook - Julia Child" 
 
 
A book I was reading recently recommended making a list of a 100 things you want to do in your life. I started my list with a lot of enthusiasm but froze at number 36. I thought it strange that I couldn't come up with even a 100 things I want to accomplish over the course of my entire life but when I got down to it all my plans, (reasonable) dreams and hopes fit easily within this 100.

I didn't list out every place I want to go to though since that in itself is a list of more than a 100 but I do have some bucket list experiences in there like throwing tomatoes at La Tomatina. No I wasn't inspired by Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

My list ended at number 96 and it is of course a work in progress. Things will be added and subtracted but the exercise seems valuable in throwing up a pattern in what you find important. Like I know better than ever that I need to travel, that travel and discovery is not just important to me but makes me better and I'd hate to look back at lost opportunities to wander. I also realized I was on the right track with this blog because writing projects are also very valuable to me.

Make your own list this week and sieve through the crud to find the things you really want to focus on. To help you with the arduous task you might need to blend yourself this filling, super healthy smoothie - it'll get you through your list.

Makes 2 large glasses
Recipe from some newspaper

What you'll need:

1 cup papaya (peeled and cut into chunks)
1 banana (peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup orange juice
Juice of 1 lemon
Honey to taste

How to:

Puree all the ingredients, pour into glasses and serve with ice.
 

No comments: