Friday 11 April 2014

DEVILS ON HORSEBACK

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." Doug Larson
 
2014 is going to have to be a year of paring down. Not so much because I'm evolving to be less materialistic but because I realize the amount I've saved after 4 years of working is embarrassingly small. I have somehow managed to spend most of the last 4 years in a cubicle and all I have to show for it is a lot of mismatched junk jewelry and a vitamin D deficiency.
 
Since turning 27 without owning a single, saleable asset is absolutely shameful I'm going to try to mend my ways and be more frugal. This process will be difficult because I'm prone to be over the top with everything I'm involved in. I tend to get carried away. It's a personality type.
 
But from 2014 restraint and simplicity are going to be my watch words. I'm starting early with this incredible classic appetizer. I love the name, the perfect opposite of flavor profiles - sharply, salty bacon with sweet, rich prunes and the fact that you only need 2 ingredients. I dare you to eat just one.  

 
Serves 3
Adapted from Martha Stewart

 

WHAT YOU’LL NEED:

8 slices bacon
8 prunes

HOW TO:

1. Preheat oven to 200°C.

2. Wrap the prunes with a strip of bacon. Secure with toothpick.
 
 
3. Dunk on to a baking tray and stick in the oven for 15 mins.

 
4. Flip it in the middle so the bacon cooks evenly.

No comments: