Sunday 1 December 2013

LUXE SALMON DIP

"I get way too much happiness from good food" - Elizabeth Olsen
 
 
At dinner one day a friend was talking about job choices, to which another friend responded, that though the opportunity sounded comfortable it would never make him great. The comment really resonated with me, how many us even aspire to greatness anymore?
 
We're all worried about salaries and commute timings and don't get me wrong, I have nothing against more money or less traffic, but how often do we think about what we need to do to thrive? Not just vaguely hope we'll do well and go back to watching TV shows but really constructively think about how our lives could be better. I realize I barely think about the future - specially not in a concrete, structured way. Days and weeks go by, crossing off silly errands and dealing with inconsequential issues, till I turn around and realize I have spent huge chunks of time on things I don't even remember.
 
I'm in fact so bad at this that it's taken me 27 years to realize time is passing me by. In keeping with my reignited desire to get my life back together I've decided to face my fear of working with seafood. The result is this creamy, delicate, ultra luxe salmon dip. Get on, make some dip, get your life together.
 
 
Serves 6
Adapted from Martha Stewart
 
What you’ll need:
 
1 can tinned salmon
¼ cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkling of capers
 
How to:
 
Throw all the ingredients together (except the capers) and blend till you have a paste. Sprinkle capers on top. Chill and serve.
 
Note: Don’t bother using fancy salmon for this, the tinned kind is perfectly okay. Keep your salmon fillets etc for baking whole.
 

No comments: