Sunday 27 July 2014

RESTAURANT REVIEW: THE COLONY BISTRO, KAILASH COLONY

For a quick bite in Kailash Colony

 
I understand this Colony Bistro is a branch of the Colony Bistro at Amar Colony. I've never been to the original but this tiny offshoot is a sweet place to catch a bite if you're in the neighborhood. There's no real reason to go to the Colony Bistro considering Kailash Colony Market also has Big Chill which tends to monopolize the Italian/Continental food supply of Delhi. The market has lots of other more established eating options as well and the Colony Bistro isn't going to be awarded break out restaurant of the year but it's cute, new, pleasant and worth a try.


Looks Like

This place is adorable, there are 8 chairs in total though I doubt more than 5 full grown adults could squeeze in at a time. It's clean and cheerful but I can't think of more to write about a space the size of a king sized bed.


Tastes Like

I walked in time for brunch and ordered the Eggs Benedict (English Muffin with Poached Eggs, Bacon and Hollandaise Sauce). The English muffin was unexpectedly sweet (might have been an actual muffin) and the hollandaise goopy - the kind of quality you'd expect from a good home chef. The technical details might need to be sorted out but in broad strokes the food is tasty. The same goes for the lemonade and the Millionaire Brownie Shake which reminded me of a shake my brother and I used to make out of milk, Toblerone, Kit Kat bars and ice cream.

Also available are sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and pasta.

Feels Like

Service isn't particularly quick - the guys are bumbling but earnest.



 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like food of this restaurants. Thanks for sharing with us great blog.
Best Restaurants in Gurgaon