Friday 11 July 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: WINGREENS DIPS

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
- Oscar Wilde
 
 
Chips and dip are the easiest snack in the world but sometimes there isn't even enough time to mix hung curd and condiments. My quest for readymade dips led me to Wingreens which seemed readily available in grocery stores. On doing some reading I discovered that Wingreens is run by the Women's Initiative Network which works to empower women through training and sustainable employment in the agricultural sector. WIN also works on the conservation of water resources and on improving soil quality by helping farmers with drip irrigation, composting, water harvesting which also helps increase agricultural productivity.

Their products include fresh produce, potted herb plants (like fresh oregano, thyme, mint etc) and freshly dried herbs and spices. My favorites though are their dips. The Tomato Salsa, Rosemary Hummus and Garlic Dip are flavorful and punchy. The Basil Pesto, Dill Tzatziki I found oily and a little bland. Check out their website for more details (http://www.wingreens.in/).

1 comment:

Vivek Prakash said...

Hey Yashasvini

I wanted to thank you for writing about our products. I work with wingreens farms and we were touched by your kind words and encouragement. We will certainly take your suggestions under consideration. Do let me know if you have any other feedback for us.

Best,
Vivek

vivek.prakash@wingreensfarms.com