Tuesday 8 October 2013

FILLING EGG SANDWICHES

Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Fran Lebowitz
 

When I started this blog, I looked at a bunch of awesome food blogs and thought "oh well that looks easy, how hard can it be if every second person has a food or design blog these days?" I was pretty much totally wrong but I'm used to that. I just spent the last 5 and a half hours fixing the formatting on my previous posts. I realize I don't have the technical ability to make this blog really pretty but I'd prefer if it was atleast uniformly ugly. Yup. That's me, setting high goals for myself.
 
So anyway, 5 and a half hours, first fixing the formatting (I hate text which is not justified, left/right align drives me nuts), then realizing how many typos there were (so embarrassing!), and finally attributing my recipes to the right sources. 5 and a half hours spent on making sure this webpage does not completely suck. Phew.
 
For gargantuan tasks like not completely sucking in life you need hearty, filling food to keep your energy levels high. This classic egg sandwich is creamy and comforting but not so heavy that you'll need a nap after. It's perfect for when you're running low on time and need to fix yourself something easy and substantial. Like most of my favourite recipes, feel free to add or remove whatever you like. Off the top of my head I would think tomato, tobasco or bacon would make great additions.
 
Makes 2 sandwiches
Recipe my own
What you’ll need:

 
4 slices toasted brown bread
2 tbsp butter (for spreading on the bread)
3 hard boiled eggs
¼ cup mayonnaise (I’ve taken to using a low fat mayo these days)
Handful of Cilantro/ Parsley/ Chives if you have some on hand
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste

 
How to:
1. Butter the bread and set aside.

 
Note: The bread is going to have to be toasted or it won’t be able to hold up the heavy filling and will fall apart in your hands.

 
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and make a nice mash of it. Leave it chunky or make a smooth paste as you prefer.

 
3. Slather on the egg mix and make your sandwiches. Serve with a bowl of soup or salad.
 
 

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hey Yasha , try the On and off method of cooking scrambled eggs (the Gordon ramsy way in short) and u can completely eliminate the mayo yet have a creamy and smooth texture and taste !