Monday 5 November 2012

MALAI LADDOO

 
“Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” - Mark Twain
 

Celebrating our first 100 likes on facebook!

So I made besan laddoos and that was fun. I figured I should do more mithai making pre-Diwali and started to look for recipes. I found this one on the back of a milkmaid container and I'm so glad I tried it! This is a lovely, flavourful laddoo which will melt in your mouth and I can't believe that even the most kitchen unfriendly soul could muck this recipe up.

If you have to make one mithai this winter make it this one.


Makes about 6 laddoos
What you’ll need:
250 gms Paneer
100 gms Milkmaid
2 tbsp pounded green cardamom (throw out the skins)
½ tsp turmeric
Chopped dried fruits to decorate
How to:
1. Grate the Paneer into shreds and pop on to a pan. Add the milkmaid and stir vigorously making sure the milkmaid is nicely mixed in. Add turmeric and cardamom. Stir some more.
2. Keep stirring on a medium low flame till the liquid dries up and you have a mixture that looks like scrambled eggs. Cool the mixture for a little while.
3. Form the cooled mixtures into little laddoos and garnish with dried fruits if you like.
Chill for about 20 minutes before serving so the laddoo isn’t TOO soft. 
 
 

 

No comments: