Saturday 21 July 2012

NO COOK OATS

This isn't so much a recipe as an idea. It's a great breakfast idea (I eat it everyday!), you can put it together with whatever you have in the kitchen and is super healthy!

Recipe from my dad
 
What you’ll need:

Instant Oatmeal
Milk or Yoghurt
Fruit Juice (I’ve tried apple and mixed fruit)
Chopped up dried fruits
Chopped up fresh fruit
Honey (optional)

How to:  

1. Pop the oatmeal in a bowl and add enough juice to cover it. Soak overnight.  

2. Stir in as much milk or yoghurt as you’d like and then top with chopped up dried fruits and/or fresh fruits as you like. If you want it sweeter you can add brown sugar or honey.

Eat chilled.

Foodnotes:

You can use any juice but I’m not too sure of more citrus-y fruit because I wonder if it may curdle the milk.

2 comments:

Rahul Bhatnagar said...

Hey, this impressed me so much I ACTUALLY tried it today for breakfast. Loved this blog! Probably because I'm living alone with access to a kitchen for the first time in my life right now.

Yashasvini said...

Thank you! I'm glad you do! Try some of the other recipes too and let me know how they turn out for you =)